The Miners Sling
the miners Sling chepstow road
- The property has been updated recently and the room far exceeded our expectations. The staff were attentive and polite. The food was excellent. When we arrived we were surprised by the exterior and thought we had picked a ‘wrong ‘un’! How wrong can you be? From the time we entered the property till the moment we left everything was perfect! Would not hesitate to recommend this property.
- Stayed before but this time the new improvements are ace. Also. Lovely coffee machine and radio in the room a nice idea. Lovely breakfast also
- Superb breakfast included in price, juices, cereals fruit, yoghurt and pastries were laid out for you to make your choice. Tea and coffee were brought to the table. Menu was given to us and there were plenty of options for your cooked breakfast which is all locally sourced. Having a Dulce Gusto machine in our room was great as early risers we were able to enjoy an early morning drink drink. We have stayed here before but have been unable to book again due to its popularity the owner is a chef and sources all his ingredients for meals locally and they always have specials on.
- Finding it was easy, the building is beautiful, service excellent, food incredibly good and the room was marvellous
- Food is outstanding. Excellent range of beers, wines and gins, too. Good-sized room and comfortable bed
- Room 5 (family room) was beautifully decorated, light, spacious and clearly not long refurbished. Check-in was effortless, staff efficient and friendly. We chose to have a 2 course meal in the evening which was delicious, as was breakfast in the morning. It was a great find and I would definitely look to book again if in the area. Close to many points of interest, an ideal base!
- Good breakfast, although more coffee would have been nice
- Great place, rated the food 5 * . Great location.
- Second visit on business, great place lovely new room5, with coffee machine, shower and bath, WiFi a must if visiting the Forest of Dean
- Amazing food. Local produce. Thoroughly recommend staying for dinner as well The room was very spacious, with a large bathroom. Nice firm bed.
- Lovely pub, super breakfast with great local ingredients. Didn’t have a chance to eat lunch or dinner, but it all looked good and the pub has a great reputation amongst locals. Rooms are as described. Very basic but clean and comfortable.
- Room was nicely decorated and kitted out with coffee machine, complimentary fudge and nicest towels in England. Very handy for forest of Dean local attractions eg puzzlewood, clearwell castle and caves and the secret forest.
- We both had cereals and toast, would have liked some mueseli Really excellent dinner
- The bedroom was newly refurbished with lovely decor and toiletries. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We dined both in the evening and for breakfast and both were excellent with locally sourced food. Would definitely recommend.
- The room was brand new having been recently overhauled It was spotlessly clean The shower was powerful The staff are helpful and friendly