Silhouette Cottage Staunton
- Fantastic location and great cottage would love to go again, Plenty to do in the area, Dog friendly as well ;-) couldn't have picked a better location or cottage, local pub food was amazing as well.
- This is a lovely relaxing cottage with a beautiful garden which was full of butterflies and birds. We really enjoyed starting our days there with breakfast in the garden room with the doors wide open and relaxing at the end of the day in the comfortable sitting room. The cottage is comfortable and has everything you could need, the main bedroom is lovely and the bed in this room was very comfortable and we enjoyed the birdsong in the mornings. The White Horse, a very short walk away serves excellent food and there's an antique shop next door and Stafford one of the owners was helpful and knowledgeable about the local and surrounding area. We enjoyed the local area and also went into Wales to various locations in and around Abergavenny and Monmouth and to the Small Breeds and Owl Centre in Hereford - just over an hour away but well worth a visit. Many thanks to the owner Michelle for the delicious clotted cream and jam cake we found on our arrival and for providing such a lovely place to stay :)
- The cottage was exactly as it looked in the photographs. Clean, tidy and with adequate space for 4. The parking was off road which was a concern as we know the road through the village can be busy. No road noise could be heard once in the garden and cottage. The local pub had friendly helpful staff and the menu is good although it appears booking is advised on a weekend
- Pretty cottage, good facilities, very well equipped, comfortable with a large, pretty garden. and set back from road.
- Very homely, had everything there that you needed and the cake on arrival was a lovely touch. Great location for lots of lovely walks, very peaceful especially in the evening. Can’t wait to come back again soon!
- Perfect weekend escape to the country. Private and quiet, but easy access to Monmouth and surrounds. The White Horse Inn is literally a few steps away and was excellent for dinner, or a pint and the lovely company.
- Lovely cottage, comfy beds, great location
- Comfy beds, quiet spot with plenty of facilities. Good pub almost next door!
- It was spotlessly clean inside and out and excellent value for money. Very well situated for exploring the Wye valley and the Forest of Dean. And off road!