Situated in the beautiful unspoilt Royal Forest of Dean, this modern hotel boasts its own golf course and superb facilities for conferences, leisure activities or quiet relaxation. Situated in the market town of Coleford, Gloucestershire, Bells is conveniently located just 19 miles away from the centre of Gloucester, 7 miles from Monmouth and 14 miles from the Chepstow end of the Old Severn Bridge (M48). In addition to its on site golf course (where, as a guest, you can play at a discounted rate) and bowling green, the hotel offers access to a wide range of activities based around the local area of outstanding natural beauty. - During your stay you can enjoy complimentary access to the gym and tennis court. Bluewaters Beauty Salon is a new addition to the hotel where you can enjoy a range of treatments (additional cost).
- Perfect location. Breakfast was one of the best that we have ever had. Well done all.
- usual hotel choice but not always as hot as I would have liked
- Large room with comfortable bed and balcony
- The restaurant was very expensive and the food was a big disappointment.
- Great location, excellent staff who were extremely helpful and friendly (use of iron/ironing board, a complimentary laundry wash). Breakfast and bar facilities very good.
- Friendly staff, comfortable bed, safe parking
- I liked that the rooms were in a separate building to bar restaurant etc.
- Very relaxing stay, first-class staff all the facilities you require set in lovely grounds will certainly stay again. Alwyn
- Atmosphere was good staff were friendly food was good would stay again
- Very clean warm fantastic comfortable bed and breakfast was fresh and we'll presented
- The staff were very friendly and helpful, and assigned us a ground floor room near the entrance which was ideal with a large geriatric dog. Room was large and beds comfortable.
- Showing its age but didn't detract from comfort
- Pleasant setting. Very friendly and helpful staff. Used for attending wedding at Clearwell Castle so perfect location. 100 quid cheaper and great breakfast included in overnight stay. Room was really clean. Let us change for wedding even though room wasn't ready on arrival (we were early) so can't fault it. Would stay again.
- Good location, excellent value for money, good breakfast, good WiFi, plenty of free parking.
- Nice location, friendly staff, really nice full English Breakfast not so good if you prefer continental but still value for money.
- Not being woken at 6:30am by a delivery lorry
- They gave me the wrong room but I didn’t find out until the next day which resulted in my trying to track down a travel cot for my baby at 1am, and also having to share a bed as I needed a twin room. The rooms were very hot but couldn’t find anyone to see if we could of had fans etc.
- I wanted to spend a few days in the Forest of Dean visiting lots of historic sites mainly on foot. This was a very good base being close to a town centre with bus connections, 2 supermarkets to buy provisions for the day's walk and takeaways for something when I get back late in the evening. Much quieter in the evenings than the middle-of-town alternatives of pubs with rooms. I chose it for these reasons and it met these expectations. Room very clean and shower was good.
- The .mattresses were very worn and quite lumpy
- Very comfortable bed and pillows,shower towels,lovely,wrap around,good .sausages at breakfast were very good.Staff were polite and curtious, Lovely night porter Lee very nice young man,gave extra coffee etc with no problems.