Dean Valley Manor
The Fence, St Briavels
- The building is really charming. Our room was clean and beautifully decorated. The bed was comfortable. We lucked out and got a second story bay window alcove view of the gardens!
- A very atmospheric location. Great place for a relaxing stay.
- Charming old mansion deep in the green heart of the border, hidden gem for a quiet, romantic and peaceful stay. Stunning woods in the sorrounding
- Staff were great, location is fab. A few more attentions to detail would make the Manor house live up to its name. - mattress toppers are a must. Especially if you are pushing 2 beds together for a double. - fresh tea and coffee at breakfast. You cannot make a decent cup if tea from a flask of hot water. - more sympathetic lighting in the restaurant. It was fine for breakfast but stark and unwelcoming for dinner. - equally the bar area. No ice or water at the bar, and hard and unrelaxing. The reception area was lovely but with the wi-fi only reaching that far (treat the hotel to a wireless booster!) it was crowded.
- Nice building. Very nice rooms. Hannah was very good at her job.
- Breakfast was good, though could have been hotter. Evening meal was superb, best rib eye steak I've eaten. Pool was good size and had it to ourselves on the days we were there. Lovely grounds surrounding the manor. Good location overall.
- Beautiful setting It was a nice change from the chain of hotels. Staff were lovely
- Stayed in Room 2 which has a lovely view over river and garden from picture window, also has a small bath which was an unexpected bonus.
- Good breakfast, comfy room, lovely views over the gardens
- Room was good, with kettle and brew making kit. Shower worked great and the room was clean. Only downside was the WiFi. This place would really get a 5 star if it had WiFi, in this day and age, most (except those getting away from everything) use Internet on a daily basis. I understand the area generally is bad for signal, but WiFi within the hotel should have been accessible. Other than that, food was your good standard full English, drinks cheap and tastes strong, had table tennis, a tennis court, a footy net, swimming pool and gorgeous gardens to walk around on site with plenty of nice places to sit / lie in the sun. Perfect for families, couples, weekend adventures and much more!
- Amazing tranquil location with friendly and helpful staff Other reviews criticisms missing the amazing value for money - yes "wi fi could be better" etc, but is it that important when surrounded by terrific grounds and countryside
- The cabin was clean the location was quiet and located in lovely grounds. The pool was very warm and peaceful.
- Nice garden to walk around and relax after a long drive.
- Excellent location for my needs, beautiful old buildings with some beautiful fetures.
- very nice B&B, the google maps coordinates on the booking site didn't work ... we ended up in the middle of nowhere ...
- The grounds and the manor are very beautiful. As us the surrounding area. We stayed in a pine cabin.
- Lovely Victorian house in beautiful grounds with specimen trees, streams, waterfalls and ducks in the garden. Dinner was very good, presented to a high standard. Breakfast slightly underwhelming but perfectly acceptable. Room very clean with tea making and sat tv.
- Breakfast good, Location ideal for exploring Staff polite Grounds lovely.
- The buildings, the location, the grounds, the breakfast and the staff. I loved it. It was a bit in need of some TLC which I rather liked!
- Beautiful setting and the peace and quiet. Ideal for anyone wanting a break from City live or just wanting to recharge their batteries. Breakfast was also excellent.
- setting was idyllic . bed was clean and confortable