The Angel Hotel
- Breakfast was excellent with a good choice. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. Our room was clean and tidy with good attention to detail. The bar stocked a good choice of ales and the restaurant offered a good choice of meals at a reasonable price. Overall an excellent stay .
- Breakfast was decent, especially the cooked food. Lady serving was lovely and friendly
- Staff were very friendly. Pub had a great atmosphere. Breakfast was lovely. Rooms comfortable
- Good location welcoming bar good shower good breakfast.
- Staff in hotel and pub were very friendly and approachable. Good choice for breakfast and tasted amazing. Had evening meal in the hotel and that was excellent value for money for portion size and quality of food. Great atmosphere in pub too. Fantastic location for Forest of Dean. Rooms were very clean and fresh with comfortable beds. Great Italian and Tapas restaurants nearby. Thanks for a great stay.
- Staff were brilliant with helping especially as I traveled alone with two young children. Room for my children was very clean and exceeded expectation for them both. Very friendly staff
- Rooms were perfect for a family of 4 - staff really friendly and helpful - cooked breakfast excellent
- The room was so nice. Like a country cottage feel and lovely decor. The huge window in the room looked out onto the village square, and it was totally quaint and pretty, especially as the sun was shining. The bed was very comfy and clean. I didn’t have breakfast as unfortunately I slept in too late, but I would definitely return to the Angel!
- [Review on behalf of my wife, and relatively grown-up kids] Really happy. Lovely modern-traditional style rooms, in great condition and very well cleaned. Excellent value. Very good, varied, breakfast. Lovely.
- Comfy beds. Lovely breakfast area and lovely breakfast. The bar looked clean and tidy. The landlady was lovely but worked off her feet.
- Very comfortable beds and dark curtains so slept amazingly well! Very nice land lady and great breakfast.
- Excellent location for visiting the forest of Dean. Very welcoming...Lovely comfy and spotless room. Tasty breakfast good choice lovely service had evening meal there as well. Highly recommend.
- the staff were very nice and the rooms comfortable.
- The rooms were well kept and comfortable. Great location. Breakfast room looking a little tired but quality of breakfast was good.
- creaking floorboards, Friday night disco, Saturday night live band, noisy neighbors, occasional strange buzzing sound like a machine. Sound of guests above making love early in morning.
- Room was good for the price However be warned it’s very loud on a weekend as there is a nightclub next door Breakfast was great however it would of been better if you had filter coffee and not granulated coffee We enjoyed our stay
- We had a problem with the hot water in our room, but the manager gave us the keys to another room that wasn't being used so that we could use the shower. Staff were very welcoming and easy to talk to. As it was a Saturday night, the pub was very busy with a couple of stag dos and work gatherings, we enjoyed watching the locals have fun and the band that played was really good.
- Location/staff friendly/ breakfast excellent the lady made my son an omlette
- Lovely room, bed was very comfy. Great location in the village. Really nice staff that did our breakfast and in the restaurant where we had tea on night.
- Very convenient for meeting local friends and a meal